Senior Software Engineer Brighton
- On the back end, you will build on a modern tech stack (micro-services, big-data tools, AWS, Node.js, NoSQL).
- You will use React for front end UIs and dashboards.
- Your software will analyse retail sales event streams in real time for our global customers (it's not about ads or social media feeds).
- You will be part of an agile team using modern tools, a Dockerised continuous workflow, and Amazon Web Services.
Since its inception in 2010 our business has grown rapidly, with a global blue-chip customer base across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific including Radisson Hotels, Ralph Lauren, Ikea and Virgin Atlantic. SaleCycle helps these e-commerce retailers increase conversion rates, recover abandoned sales and drive customer loyalty.
This role is for you if you:
- Have commercial experience in a Software Engineering or Development role.
- Are happy being part of a small, mixed discipline team that owns their entire stack. As a team you will deliver features that may consist of multiple backend and frontend elements, alongside creating any infrastructure your feature requires.
- Know that testing and monitoring are part of the deliverable. Everything we deliver needs to have in place automatic testing and monitoring so that we know everything is working as expected.
- Have a working knowledge of Git and are comfortable having your work peer-reviewed and peer-reviewing others work.
Other experience would be a bonus:
- AWS stack (DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, ECS)
- Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Apache Spark, Apache Ignite, Apache Flink
- Druid, NoSQL databases
- Frontend development frameworks (we use React and Redux)
- Infrastructure as code (e.g CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt or Terraform)
- Continuous integration/delivery pipelines
SaleCycle is establishing a new software engineering presence based in modern offices a few minutes walk from Brighton station. Your team will collaborate with the Engineering function located in Durham as part of our wider Engineering team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, and in return will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits & incentives including:
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holidays
- Great pension scheme
- 2k Training budget every year and a half day of personal development time every other week
Find out more at https://www.salecycle.com/
Our tech stack is at https://stackshare.io/salecycle
See us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/salecycle